Attorney Jared A. Jacobson, Esq. is a member of The Law Firm of Jacobson & Rooks, LLC, and specializes in Labor and Employment Law, Whistleblower/Qui Tam cases, Restrictive Covenant matters, Contracts, Business/Finance Law and Commercial Real Estate matters. Mr. Jacobson has experience litigating cases in federal and state courts, as well as at administrative agencies and is licensed to practice in Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
Mr. Jacobson regularly works with whistleblowers in healthcare/Medicare fraud, defense contractor fraud, pharma fraud, visa fraud, and various other types of fraud committed against the federal and state governments, as well as whistleblowers in the financial industry involving claims under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (“SOX”), the Dodd-Frank Consumer Protection Act (“Dodd-Frank”) and before the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”).
Besides Mr. Jacobson’s experience representing whistleblowers in Qui Tam/False Claims Act cases, Mr. Jacobson has extensive experience representing employees who have been discriminated against in violation of the Family and Medical Leave Act (“FMLA”), Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (“Title VII”) and various state equivalents. In conjunction with representing victims of discrimination due to “blowing the whistle” or complaining about the discrimination suffered, Mr. Jacobson represents individuals who have been retaliated against as a result of “speaking up”.
Mr. Jacobson also regularly counsels physicians in connection with their physician employment agreements as well as physician partnership documents. Finally, Mr. Jacobson provides general business/finance, real estate, transactional and employment law counsel in connection with his general counsel services offered to small and mid-sized businesses.
Prior to co-founding The Law Firm of Jacobson & Rooks, LLC, Mr. Jacobson was a Member of Jared Jacobson Law, LLC, worked at Sidley Austin LLP and Moses & Singer LLP in New York City, and continues to serve as in-house counsel for Feed Your Soul, LLC in New Jersey and Elite Glass in New York, NY. Mr. Jacobson currently serves on the Board of Directors for the National Employment Lawyers Association, New Jersey, the Next Generation Leadership Board for the Anti-Defamation League and is a member of the Board of Advisors for the St. John’s Center for Labor and Employment Law in Queens, New York. Mr. Jacobson is a trained New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators (NJAPM) Mediator, has been included on the roster as a R. 1:40 Qualified New Jersey State Court Approved Mediator and is also a Certified Arbitrator for the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
Areas of Practice
- 50% Employment & Labor- Employee Rights
- 30% Qui Tam – Whistleblowers – False Claims Ac
- 10% Business/Commercial/Finance Law
- 10% Commercial Real Estate
- 80% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Certified Legal Specialties
- Arbitrator, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- St. John’s University School of Law, Jamaica, New York
- J.D. – 2002
- Honors: ABA-BNA Award for Excellence in the Study of Labor & Employment Law, 2002 Winner; CALI Award; Dean’s List
- Law Review: St. John’s Law Review, Articles & Notes Editor
- Boston University
- B.A. – 1999
- Honors: Alpha Kappa Delta, Dean’s List
- Major: Sociology
- Radnor Association of Township Employees
- American Governor Company
- Diamond Furniture Inc.
- Elite Glass (exclusive WeWork Glass Installer)
- Gary Diamond, Diamond Furniture Inc.
- Mike Simmons- RATE (Radnor Township Union)
- Overview of the False Claims Act- Whistleblowers, NELA-NJ, 2016 – Present
Honors and Awards
- Rising Star – Rated by Super Lawyers, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
Professional Associations and Memberships
- United States District Court – Eastern District of PA, Attorney Employment Panel
- United States District Court – Eastern District of PA, Employment Arbitration Panel
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Lawyer Referral and Information Service, Executive Committee
- National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA), New Jersey (NELA-NJ); Eastern Pennsylvania (NELA-EPA)
Past Employment Positions
- Jared Jacobson Law, LLC, Philadelphia, PA
- Sidley Austin LLP, New York
- Moses & Singer LLP, New York
- Feed Your Soul, LLC, New Jersey
- Wyndham Worldwide Corporation, New Jersey
Pro Bono Activities
- Member, Board of Directors, Esperanza Immigration Legal Services
- Next Generation Leadership Board, Anti-Defamation League
- Executive Committee, Philadelphia Bar Association’s Lawyer Referral and Information Service
- Member, Board of Advisors, St. John’s Center for Labor and Employment Law in Queens, New York
- Mediator, New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators (NJAPM)