Get In Touch Today
Call us today to talk about your legal issue
The Law Firm of Jacobson & Rooks, LLC is dedicated to protecting mistreated employees in the workplace.
We are on the employee's side
Whether blue collar or white collar, we are attorneys representing workers. Our attorneys are experienced in critically analyzing and when necessary, aggressively litigating cases against employers for:
- Wrongful termination based on discrimination and/or retaliation due to a mental or physical disability, pregnancy, sex, gender, familial status, gender identification, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, race, and age.
- Sexual harassment (a form of gender discrimination) at work including hostile work environment or trading sexual favors for benefits at work.
- Retaliation for filing a protected complaint (meaning that the law will protect you if you experience an adverse employment action as a result) about a good faith belief that s/he has experienced discrimination or harassment in the workplace or retaliation for exercising legal rights otherwise.
- Failing to provide or retaliating against a qualified individual who requests and is entitled to protected leave to care for themselves or a loved one with a serious health condition under the Family and Medical Leave Act or state-law equivalents.
- Failing to approach an employee to begin the interactive process in order to determine if it must provide a reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities when an employer has reason to know when an employee may have the need.
- Failing to pay straight time or overtime wages for working more than 40 hours in a one-week period.
- Failing to provide a healthy and safe workplace in violation of OSHA requirements and then retaliating against an employee who complains. NOTE: The statute of limitations is only 30 days if you are retaliated against!
- Retaliation against an employee who reports fraud or wrongdoing.
"Best Law Firm in NJ & PA. Jared really goes to bat for his clients. He explains the law and procedures in terms we understand. I Highly recommend his services."
I think you and your firm have been just wonderful in completing my problem successfully. No one else could have done what you and your firm did. It seemed impossible with all of the obstacles"
"Great Lawyer, Great Person!
Jared was highly recommended to me from a friend of the family who is also a lawyer. I am really happy that I was introduced to him. He is knowledgeable, prompt, and hard working. Jared is a genuine lawyer and person. I highly recommend him to anyone. Jared is a pleasure to work with."
"Wonderful, professional, reliable experience.
I am an attorney. I have never had to use an attorney myself. I was even forced to seek an attorney through the Philadelphia Bar Association since I knew no one. And that is where I met Jared. He took care of my issue in a responsible and professional manner as I would expect from a fellow attorney. He resolved my issue efficiently, and the cost was reasonable. Thank you Jared!"
Employers sometimes act against employees in violation of their legally-protected rights.Because it is your experience, we invite you, our client to participate in your case as much or as little as you would like, so long as the firm has what it needs to advocate on your behalf effectively to get you the best result. With your assistance in providing us with as many facts as possible that are relevant to your matter, with the attorney’s guidance, we compile and analyze any documentation available to us which might tend to support or disprove your claim so that we are in the best possible position to enter into negotiations with your former employer when the opportunity presents itself.
In most circumstances, unless our strategy dictates otherwise for legal reasons, our legal team will initiate communication with your former employer to advise them of their violations under the applicable laws and give them a chance to “make you whole” prior to taking any further action against them. This includes informing employers about their obligations to preserve evidence and the facts of the case.
Our communication with your former employer generally takes the form of a “demand package,” which tells the story of how the employer’s actions violated your rights under the law. The employer will generally review these documents and respond in the form of an acceptance, a counter offer, or a rejection. Our legal team communicates with you during this negotiation, and gives you the former employee the opportunity to have the final decision, with our counsel based on our experience.
Our work is a reflection of us, so we take it personally and invest the time and resources necessary to make certain it is done correctly.
The substantial majority of employment cases are settled at the pre-litigation stage, prior to filing a lawsuit. This generally results in a payment to the employee for an agreed-upon amount of financial compensation and/or other forms of relief in exchange for a settlement of the claims and a “release” that officially releases the defendants from any claims that may have arisen prior to the settlement.
Filing A Lawsuit
Protecting Your Rights and Advocating on Your Behalf
If the employer is unreasonable, we will file a claim with the appropriate agency or a lawsuit on your behalf, but only after consultation with you and an analysis at that stage in your case.
If you have suffered from mistreatment at your workplace, call The Law Firm of Jacobson & Rooks, LLC. Your information will be kept completely confidential. Our objective is to obtain the best possible recovery for you.